Re: emacs support in dpkg

Peter S Galbraith (2000-11-25 08:51:03 -0500) :

> J r me Marant wrote:
>
> > Wichert has revoved some emacs-relating things from the recent
> > release of dpkg.
> >
> > This is an extract of the dpkg 1.7.2 debian/changelog :
> >
> > * No longer bother to install emacs things. I don't use emacs myself
> >      and can't support that properly.
> >
> > More details in the ChangeLog :
> > * debian/50dpkg-dev.el, scripts/debian-changelog-mode.el: removed
> >
> > Could you please integrate this in emacsen packages ?
>
> Whoever does that (Rob?), please use this version instead:
>
>  http://people.debian.org/~psg/debian-changelog-mode.el
>
> and then we can close bugs #61226 and #61524.

  I took the liberty to make an individual package of it.  I did get
the version Peter mentioned, added a 50dpkg-dev-emacs.el and a trivial
Makefile, dh_make and voila.  People interested can point their apts
to the following locations and apt-get install dpkg-dev-emacs.

deb http://roland.mas.free.fr/debian/ unstable main
deb-src http://roland.mas.free.fr/debian/ unstable main

  As a prospective new maintainer, I'd be interested in feedback.  And
if Peter or someone wants to adopt the package afterwards, then feel
free to.

Roland.

PS: CC'd to my AM (I'm at the tasks & skills step in the NM process :-).
--
Roland Mas

Luck, like a Russian car, generally only works if you push it.
  -- Regalian, in My Hero (Tom Holt)