Re: Request for help - Debian UEFI not possible after starting windows

> [...]so I had to convert it to UEFI when new computer had UEFI in
> place. I've thought I did it correctly (re-partitioning, installing
> grub efi, ...) The problem is - after booting windows Debian is not
> visible any more and can't be started[...]

You might consider removing Debian from the equation and try testing the
Laptop for UEFI issues. Using FWTS-live, LUV-live and CHIPSEC are all
methods.

Canonical has FirmWare Test Suite (FWTS), including a live-boot image,
FWTS-live, which has multiple UEFI tests. It was created by Canonical to
see if a PC has firmware issues that might prevent it from running
Ubuntu; Debian can also benefit from this (but the FWTS UEFI Secure Boot
test only tests Ubuntu's SB key, so that test is not useful).

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FirmwareTestSuite/FirmwareTestSuiteLive

Intel has Linux UEFI Validation (LUV), a Yocto-based Linux distribution
that is intended to help Windows OEMs find UEFI issues that might
prevent them from running Linux successfully. Again, Debian could also
benefit from this.

https://01.org/linux-uefi-validation/

Though a security-centric tool and not a diagnostic-based one, Intel
CHIPSEC has some security tools that would show if an OEM implemented
firmware poorly. It might be useful to see if the laptop's UEFI has many
problems that might also impact later OS usage. Don't use the PyPi-based
one, built it from source from Github, much fresher -- and AFAICT the
main CHIPSEC installer method is from source not any OS-centric or
Python-based installation. Debian-EFI list: the CHIPSEC source code does
have some Debian packaging, but needs work. Security tests aside,
CHIPSEC also has some UEFI-centric tests that'd be useful to run.

https://github.com/chipsec/chipsec

ANSSI-FR has a "CHIPSEC-live"-style image release as well.

https://github.com/ANSSI-FR/chipsec-check

Hope this helps,
Lee