Re: GSoD project proposal

Hi Dashamir,

On  So 12 Feb 2023 04:20:53 CET, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

Hi,

It seems that GSoD, different from GSoC, supports only one project per
organization. So, if we want to apply, we must do it on our own (cannot
rely on Debian as an umbrella organization).

The process starts with creating a project proposal page (
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide#exploration_phase).
I have started a template proposal here:
https://wiki.debian.org/GSoD2023proposal Feel free to edit, improve and
refine it.

I also volunteer to be one of the project admins/mentors, if this is
acceptable. Otherwise I can just try to help the technical writer with
details about the project. In any case, we still need at least another
admin/mentor for this project.

Different from GSoC, the aim of GSoD is not to teach technical writers how
to write good documentation, so the job of admins (supported also by the
community) is to help them with technical details of the project, so that
they can document them. Project admins also have to send a bunch of reports
to GSoD, about the progress of the project, etc.

I know that people are busy with other things, but I am just giving it a
try.

The goal of this GSoD participation would be a modern "Debian Edu User Manual", right?

If so, please go ahead with this. I'll sign up for co-admin/co-mentor (deputy mentor, so to say, or your source of information if you can't answer questions during mentorship).

Thanks for this initiative,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31