GSoD project proposal

Hi,

It seems that GSoD, different from GSoC, supports only one project per organization. So, if we want to apply, we must do it on our own (cannot rely on Debian as an umbrella organization).

The process starts with creating a project proposal page (https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide#exploration_phase). I have started a template proposal here: https://wiki.debian.org/GSoD2023proposal Feel free to edit, improve and refine it.

I also volunteer to be one of the project admins/mentors, if this is acceptable. Otherwise I can just try to help the technical writer with details about the project. In any case, we still need at least another admin/mentor for this project.

Different from GSoC, the aim of GSoD is not to teach technical writers how to write good documentation, so the job of admins (supported also by the community) is to help them with technical details of the project, so that they can document them. Project admins also have to send a bunch of reports to GSoD, about the progress of the project, etc.

I know that people are busy with other things, but I am just giving it a try.

Regards,
Dashamir