Re: Upgrade to Debian Edu 11 – DHCP, iPXE, LDAP issue

Hi,

> Using a file, say ipxe.ldif, containing:
>
> dn: cn=dhcp,cn=tjener,ou=servers,ou=systems,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no
> changetype: modify
> add: dhcpOption
> dhcpOption: space ipxe
> dhcpOption: ipxe-encap-opts code 175 = encapsulate ipxe
> dhcpOption: ipxe.menu code 39 = unsigned integer 8
> dhcpOption: ipxe.no-pxedhcp code 176 = unsigned integer 8
> dhcpOption: arch code 93 = unsigned integer 16
>
> and then running:
> ldapadd -ZD 'cn=admin,ou=ldap-access,dc=skole,dc=skolelinux,dc=no' -W -f ipxe.ldif
>
> would avoid the hassle and should do it right; maybe add something
> related to the wiki?

Probably yes, but as I said, there is no guarantee – it's based on the
good faith that slapd will always retain the order when returning data.

The real fix would be for dhcpd to use a syntax that contains ordering.

We might want to decide to go with the "good faith" optoin for now.

-nik

--
Dominik George (1. Vorstandsvorsitzender, pädagogischer Leiter)
Teckids e.V. — Digitale Freiheit mit Jugend und Bildung