Data: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 00:42:00 +0100
De: Wolfgang Schweer <w.schweer@gmx.de>
Assunto: Re: How to proceed with the Portuguese translations of debian-edu-doc?
Para: debian-edu@lists.debian.org

[ José Vieira, 2021-03-19 ]
[ Frans Spiesschaert, 2021-03-19 ]
In my opinion, a separate debian-edu-doc-pt package would have the
advantage that Portuguese-speaking Debian users would at least be able to
find the Debian Edu documentation in their usual spelling, even though they
may have to settle for a spelling that is less common for them in many of
the programs they installed.
My concern is the package name. Common practice in Debian is to have
either pt or pt-pt, not both at a time (with the exception of
transitional packages, see myspell-pt and myspell-pt-pt).

Also, the package name debian-edu-doc-pt would imply that the shipped
manual is a translation into recent European Portuguese.

I believe the package name should reflect the intention to provide the
manuals translated into European Portuguese with old spelling.

If the PO file would be renamed from »debian-edu-bullseye-manual.pt.po«
to »debian-edu-bullseye-manual.oldspelling-pt.po (same for the Buster
manual), a package »debian-edu-doc-oldspelling-pt« could be built.
Wolfgang

----- Fim da mensagem de Wolfgang Schweer <w.schweer@gmx.de> -----