Re: Problem with Buster network

Hi Roland,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 04:07:31PM +0200, Roland F.Teichert wrote:
> I tried on friday for 4 hours. After moving the script as you said,
> the workstation worked as expected - reliable.

Good to hear and thanks for your feedback.

> This problem is solved for me. But I don't know, if and when the
> script is missing.

The script /etc/network/if-up.d/wpad-proxy-update has been added a while
ago to make sure that the proxy settings (in /etc/environment and
/etc/apt/apt.conf) are updated at system boot (fix for bug #780461, see:
https://bugs.debian.org/780461

If this script is removed, updating the proxy settings happens at the
first DHCP lease renewal via
/etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks.d/wpad-proxy-update (up to 15 minutes
after system boot). So the removal shouldn't make a big difference - if
at all.

> But another thing. Some workstations I have to boot twice, because
> they have no connection to /Home after the first boot. I think it
> could be a good idea, to extend the time for connecting or the number
> of trials. What do you thing? Where can I do that?

I have no idea how this can happen and how to fix it.

Wolfgang