Re: Problem with Buster network

Moin Roland,

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 10:42:35PM +0200, Roland F.Teichert wrote:
> All workstations loose after half an hour their IP address.
> The syslog tells me:
> LehrerPC avahi-daemon[460] :withdrawing address record 10.0.0.2. on eth0
> LehrerPC avahi-daemon[460]: Leaving mDNS multicastgroup on interface
> eth0.IPv4with address 10.0.0.2

This is supposed to be a follow-up action after losing the IP address -
not the reason for losing it.

> ip addr shows, there is no IP.
> This happens at all workstation (not the workstation on tjener).

As opposed to workstations, tjener has a static IP address.

We had a similar issue before (to update the hostname after a reboot),
see https://bugs.debian.org/933580

> The only solution is a new boot - for another half an hour.
> Does anybody has an idea or a solution?

Please move /etc/network/if-up.d/wpad-proxy-update out of the way and
test if this helps.

Currently, I don't have a Debian Edu Buster test environment, so your
feedback could help to fix this bug.

Wolfgang