Re: Is it possible that a part of my commit to debian-edu-doc was lost by the git push command?

Hi Frans,

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 09:42:30PM +0200, Frans Spiesschaert wrote:
> > I can see this commit in the weblate branch here locally. so I don't
> > think there's a real issue, except that mails >40kb (iirc) get into
> > moderation,
> > which sometimes takes a few hours until someone gets into doing that.
> I suspect that salsa can only safely modify a limited number of files in
> one single commit: my commit changed 37 files, while salsa mentioned only
> 18 changed files.
> I ran git diff --name-status master..weblate and this reports only a
> difference for rosegarden-manual.pl.po between weblate and master (except
> for the not-yet-ready translations in weblate). So no big issue, but I
> guess I'd beter split up into smaller commits in the future.

I'm not sure what you are seeing, but I'm confident that salsa can deal
with an arbitrary amount of files for git commits, because git can.

Doing smaller commits is often good anyway though.

--
cheers,
	Holger