Re: next-generation LTSP landing in unstable

Hi,

On  Do 14 Nov 2019 03:46:33 CET, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

On 2019-11-14, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 01:26:17PM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

One of the biggest changes will be lack of thin client support; the new
LTSP only supports fat clients booted over the network.

I figure a SquasFS image consisting of a minimal Debian system with just
nodm and x2goclient packages added (preconfigured to some extent) would
match this use case. I remember doing something comparable at times of
lessdisks.

Yeah, that shouldn't be hard to implement.

One option surely could be an x2goclient thinclient. The X2Go project has code for that already and I deploy similar setups at customers. Probably time to share it with Debian Edu.

Another option might be using Arctica Greeter with Remote Logon support. It would be nice to generate a proper use case within Debian Edu for getting this feature moved into the production realm.

I sense, Wolfgang and I should stick our heads together for this, ideally in person, rather than remote.

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31