next-generation LTSP landing in unstable

Hello!

Debian-edu has been one of the larger users of LTSP, so I figured I'd
let you know that I've just uploaded the next generation of LTSP (19.x)
to unstable just now. I'm pretty excited about the new developments in
LTSP, and hope you can appreciate them too!

This is essentially a rewrite of LTSP from scratch, so virtually nothing
remains the same; at the moment there is only a single "ltsp" package,
which can technically co-exist with the older ltsp-* 5.x packages.

One of the biggest changes will be lack of thin client support; the new
LTSP only supports fat clients booted over the network.

There is no correlary to ltsp-build-client anymore; preferred methods
include building the image from the host OS, an iso image, or a virtual
machine image. You can of course still maintain a chroot manually and
build an image from that.

It will probably also require some changes to the way LDAP is supported;
there are some people using LDAP with ltsp 19.x and the new system
should make it easier to set up correctly.

I do not intend to maintain ltsp 5.x, ldm or ltspfs in Debian for the
bullseye release; if you need them to continue, please adopt ldm, ltspfs
and upload an ltsp5 source package that takes over the old ltsp 5.x
packages.

For further information about the new LTSP, please see:

  https://ltsp.github.io/

live well,
  vagrant