Re: Re: Re: Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Git][debian-edu/debian-edu-doc][master] Update Japanese translation, thanks to hoxp18

Hi hoxp18,

hoxp18@noramail.jp schreef op za 15-06-2019 om 19:48 [+0900]:
> Dear Frans Spiesschaert,
> CC: Debian Edu Japanese translators
>
> Thank you for updating/commiting weblate, Frans.

For the moment debian-edu-buster-manual.ja.po both on hosted.weblate
and on salsa are identical.

> Now I confirmed it both on-Weblate and its-downloaded-po-my-local-
> HTML-rendering,
> without any commits.
>
> There is a minor number of "needs edit" sections.
>
> a) most of them are updated; 2019-06-12 version.
> b) a few "needs edit" are "Firefox/Chromium version" and "FIXME
> untranlated".
> c) some section (especially where I clamed about powers of
> 1,000/1,024) are still old.
>
> Now, since things become bit complicated, I want make sure before
> doing anything.
>
> 1. I'm supsending both weblate and salsa, for now.
> 2. I can update ja po ether weblate or salsa.
> 3. I can also update some of "still old at weblate" sections ("c"
> above),
>    but I think I should not to (since it could make another mess).
>
> So, please tell me exactly what I should do,
> in this special (pre Buster release) situation.

The most important is that you choose either the git repo on salsa or
the one at hosted.weblate to continue translating and not to switch
between both. While hosted.weblate doesn't track salsa on a permanent
basis, but is made up to date manually once a week, some of your
translations could get lost if you would switch between hosted.weblate
and salsa.

> My best guess is:
>
> * Wait for your sign, then fix least ("b" above) on weblate, and
> report it back to you.
> * About "c" above, wait for next weblate update, suspending my
> weblate commits.

You can improve your translation wherever that seems appropriate to you
 (a, b and c, mentioned above, or some other that you would like to
improve), but please choose one git repo to commit your translantions
to.

I thought I understood from your previous email that you preferred
salsa over hosted.weblate. So a few hours ago, I deactivated the
Japanese language on hosted.weblate. Because hosted.wablate is still
busy processing it's debian-edu-doc git repository, Japanese still
shows up for now, but when processing will be finished, Japanese will
no longer be available at hosted.weblate.

If I did not understood you well, and you would prefer to continue
translating via hosted.weblate, that is fine for me too. Just let me
know and I will reactivate Japanese on hosted.weblate. But in that case
 please refrain from hopping on salsa at the same time.
If you would change your mind later on, and would like to change
between salsa and hosted.weblate, that is perfectly possible. But in
that case please talk to the list beforehand, so that the transition
can be coordinated.

> Again, I'm suspending any task until you show me a GO sign.

If you just could let me know what path (salsa or hosted.weblate) you
have chosen, to make sure we understood each other well.

--
Kind regards,
Frans Spiesschaert