Re: arctica-greeter appearence (Was: [debian-edu-commits] debian-edu/ 01/01:release as 2.10.14)

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 08:49:52PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On  Mi 24 Jan 2018 10:42:23 CET, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > If in addition 'arctica-greeter-debian-theme' is installed (which rather
> > provides support for the active theme mechanism managed via the
> > 'desktop-base' package) the appearence looks a bit strange as the
> > leftish login position doesn't really fit the background (both Debian
> > and Debian Edu ones) as these are designed for a centered login
> > position.
>
> I've installed the arctica-greeter on plenty of systems now (using vanilla
> Debian 9 theme and the Debian Edu spacefun theme). I have not seen any
> issues regarding the non-centered layout. Most of the displays here around
> are FullHD.
>
> So, can you send a screenshot that demonstrates the issue? Please note, that
> I am  also upstream of the Arctica Greeter.

Screenshot images (available for some days):

https://schweer-online.de/edu/d-e-softwaves_lightdm.png
https://schweer-online.de/edu/stock_arctica.png
https://schweer-online.de/edu/debian-softwaves_arctica.png
https://schweer-online.de/edu/d-e-softwaves_arctica.png

> Only thing for Debian Edu: as we ship OS name in the bg image itself, one
> could think about hiding the greeter's logo (the debian 9 phrase in the
> bottem left corner).

https://schweer-online.de/edu/d-e-softwaves_logo-removed_arctica.png

Wolfgang