Re: How to use remote desktop?

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 03:45:33PM +0100, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
>> I think debian-edu-config is not doing it all.
>> I couldn't find two configuration files, /etc/X11/xrdp/xorg.conf
>
> Strange. The file is shipped with the package xorgxrdp, which should
> be installed by default, please check.

Folder /etc/X11/xrdp is missing here and consequently xorg.conf.

>> and /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config.
>
> This file is shipped with the package xserver-xorg-legacy. It's most
> probably unneeded; see 'apt show xserver-xorg-legacy'.
>
> As far as I can tell there's nothing to configure on the Debian Edu
> server side, it works for me out of the box. Problems might be due to
> the client side (e.g. screen resolution, keyboard). If connecting from
> Windows clients Xvnc should be the correct choice.
>
> Any error messages?

The connection log with Xvnc shows the following:

connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3350
sesman connect ok
sending login info to session manager, please weit?
login successful for display 10
VNC started connecting
VNC cconnecting to 127.0.0.1 5910
VNC error ? problem connecting