Re: Impressive GOsa start and log in waiting times

On Fri, Oct 06, 2017 at 07:09:38PM +0200, roman.meier@gismap.ch wrote:
> This is how my /etc/network/interfaces looks like. Is this how it should be?
>
> #############
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>     dns-search intern
>     dns-nameservers 127.0.0.1
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>     address 10.0.2.2
>     netmask 255.0.0.0
>     broadcast 10.255.255.255
>     gateway 10.0.0.1
>
> auto eth1
> iface eth1 inet static
>     address 192.168.0.254
>     netmask 255.255.255.0
>     broadcast 192.168.0.255
> #############

Yes.

> Another question: Why is it that my thin clients are getting ip addresses
> from the 10.0.x.x-Pool? I thought they are part of the 192.168.x.x-Pool.

It's all about connecting devices like shown in the manual:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Stretch/Architecture#Network

> Fact is that I did the installation with only one network card available
> (onboard network card). Was that a mistake?

No, it doesn't matter.

If your onboard card now shows up as eth1, connect it to the LTSP client
switch 192.168.0.0/24 and conncet the second card (eth0) to the
10.0.0.0/8 one.

Wolfgang