Re: Maintenance of xrdp and Guacamole

Hi Dominik,

On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 04:06:03PM +0200, Dominik George wrote:
> But we just did that, and noone complaint. The team was never asked
> whether they want to assume maintainership ;).

that's not how our team works, instead, if you and me (or foo and bar
who are Debian Edu team members) decide we want to packages $pkg under
the Debian Edu umbrealla, we can do this, and it doesn't mean that
other team members are expected to join the maintance of that package.

most of us care or cared about the src:debian-edu* packages but not even
that is mandatory.

and if someone would like to maintain a software which is really not
suited for Debian Edu (eg let's assume a war game here…) we would
probably discuss this here and conclude to not do that. but we dont
really have a formal process.

(and sometimes its probably better to just form a new team, eg mate is
maintained in the mate pkg team, and not in Debian Edu, even though we
also support Mate desktops and Mike is in both teams.)

--
cheers,
	Holger