Re: please test: Debian Edu Jessie images, ment to be "final"

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 11:09:18AM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/ReleaseNotes/Jessie still needs some
> more love and a proper announcement should be written now and released
> in coordination with the Debian publicity team.
>
> I'm not sure yet where to preprare that announcement - suggestions
> welcome!

We had that back in 2013, iirc.
alioth.debian.org/git/publicity/publicity.git or some such.

> > I've adjusted the migration script a bit to be better suited for
> > upgrades and applied it on both workstation and combi-server. It works
> > for me, please check.
> [...]
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # icefire-fix.sh
>
> can you please put this script into debian-edu-config.git in the bin
> directory in the master branch?!

It was only ment as a workaroud for people that were hit by the
renaming. Should be fixed correctly, imo.

> > After replacing http://www in LDAP with https://www and rebooting the
> > workstation, firefox correctly accesses the homepage SSL secured.
>
> is the need to do so documented somewhere?

Sorry for being not clear enough. This was only ment as a hint how the
LDAP feature could be used.

> btw, even though the debian-edu-doc package wont be upgraded in jessie
> for some weeks, I think we should document installation+upgrade issues
> in https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/GettingStarted
> and https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Jessie/Upgrades
> _and_ https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Jessie (and probably have
> the later URL mentioned in the two former ones) because we want people
> to read+use the manual.
>
> (and obviously we should try to make debian-edu-doc in jessie+edu1 to
> match the packages reality then.)

Yes, one more TBD.

Wolfgang