Re: please test: Debian Edu Jessie images, ment to be "final"

On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 02:33:04PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> so I copied the daily build jessie images as of today (=build using
> yesterdays 8.5 relase) away and now we need to test them and decide
> whether we really want to release them as Debian Edu 8+edu0 "jessie"!
>
> Please test!

I've done so using the USB ISO image: installed combi-server and
workstation. Installation has been successful in both cases. After
running 'debian-edu-nscd-netgroup-cache disable' on tjener the
workstation login was ok.

Also, I've tested both types of LTSP clients on both backbone and
dedicated LTSP subnets. Logging in was ok in all cases. Expected
behaviour for Kerberos TGT.

To work around the Iceweasel -> Firefox ESR migration I used:

#!/bin/sh
# icefire-fix.sh
#
# migrate iceweasel customization to firefox-esr.
#
# the cert_override.txt file is already located in the right place
# (directory /etc/skel on tjener) to work ok, so is skipped here.

set -e

# check if host has networked profile.
if [ -e /etc/iceweasel/pref/debian-edu-networked.js ] ; then
    cp /etc/iceweasel/pref/debian-edu-networked.js /etc/firefox-esr/
fi

# the update tool checks for networked profile itself.
sed -i 's#iceweasel/pref#firefox-esr#' /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/update-iceweasel-homepage
/etc/init.d/iceweasel-ldapconf force-reload

# same for LTSP.
if [ -d /opt/ltsp ] ; then
    for ltsp_chroot in `find /opt/ltsp/ -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d`; do
        chroot $ltsp_chroot cp /etc/iceweasel/pref/debian-edu-networked.js /etc/firefox-esr/
        chroot $ltsp_chroot sed -i 's#iceweasel/pref#firefox-esr#' /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/update-iceweasel-homepage
        chroot $ltsp_chroot /etc/init.d/iceweasel-ldapconf force-reload
    done
fi

Testing the CD ISO image is still work in progress, installing a
combi-server seems to take ages. Report will follow.

Wolfgang