Re: please test: Debian Edu Jessie images, ment to be "final"

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 06:09:39PM +0200, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> Testing the CD ISO image is still work in progress, installing a
> combi-server seems to take ages. Report will follow.

This ISO image is ok as well. Tested using desktop=mate; added a pxe
installed workstation w/ sitesummary2ldapdhcp.
All tests like the ones reported before (USB ISO image) were ok.

I've adjusted the migration script a bit to be better suited for
upgrades and applied it on both workstation and combi-server. It works
for me, please check.

#!/bin/sh
# icefire-fix.sh
#
# migrate iceweasel customization to firefox-esr.
# the cert_override.txt file is already located in the right place
# (directory /etc/skel on tjener) to work ok, so is skipped here.
# proxy settings are pulled via wpad or /etc/environment.

set -e

# check if host has networked profile; and yes, it's 'iceweacel-networked-prefs.js'
# by intention, the file is shipped like this since years, I guess.
if [ -e /etc/iceweasel/pref/debian-edu-networked.js ] && [ ! -e /etc/firefox-esr/debian-edu-networked.js ]; then
    ln -s /usr/share/debian-edu-config/iceweacel-networked-prefs.js /etc/firefox-esr/debian-edu-networked.js
    sed -i 's#iceweasel/pref#firefox-esr#' /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/update-iceweasel-homepage
    /etc/init.d/iceweasel-ldapconf force-reload
    if [ -d /opt/ltsp ] ; then
        for ltsp_chroot in `find /opt/ltsp/ -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d`; do
            chroot $ltsp_chroot ln -s /usr/share/debian-edu-config/iceweacel-networked-prefs.js /etc/firefox-esr/debian-edu-networked.js
            chroot $ltsp_chroot sed -i 's#iceweasel/pref#firefox-esr#' /usr/share/debian-edu-config/tools/update-iceweasel-homepage
            chroot $ltsp_chroot /etc/init.d/iceweasel-ldapconf force-reload
        done
    fi
fi

After replacing http://www in LDAP with https://www and rebooting the
workstation, firefox correctly accesses the homepage SSL secured.

Wolfgang