Re: Use of Kerberos in Debian Edu

Quoting Dominik George (2016-09-01 21:07:13)
> I would, indeed, prefer to add Kerberos to our network as well, but at
> the point where we figured out that we would want to have Kerberos, we
> already had over a thousand users, and I have no idea how to add
> Kerberos to that now. It would, in my understanding, involve having
> each and every user reset their passwords, which is not feasable.
>
> If you happen to ahve an idea on how to add Kerberos without involving
> actions by every user, please let me know and I will happily do.

Should be possible to setup a custom PAM module that checks if the user
is already in Kerberos, and if not captures the password and creates a
Kerberos account for the user.  After some time all _active_ users have
triggered a Kerberos account creation, and you can migrate - dealing
with password reset only for eventual inactive users chiming in later.

 - Jonas