Re: dutch translation and some upgrade questions

On 08/17/16 16:14, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 01:51:25PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
I'm just getting my feet wet with Jessie and, though I'm not sure this is
new, I notice one of the default directories under my new homedir is
"Video's"

That is the correct dutch plural of Video, but it's just WRONG to have
single quotes in the filenames.
* I'd like to correct this for our own setup, where would I do this?
* In general, and if you agree of course, I would suggest this should be
fixed upstream as well, because the amount of problems this could cause is
unfathomable! (Fortunately, very few people use the Dutch translation ;-)

This isn't a Debian Edu issue. The translation is part of the package
xdg-user-dirs. So please file a bug against xdg-user-dirs.

Thanks, I will do that!

A rather hackish way to 'fix' it atm would be to adjust
/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/xdg-user-dirs.mo

About the upgrade question, we have a wheezy tjener with quite a few
modifications (though not always critical to the main function of it).

Would the main function, namely logins and homedirs, be ok if I restore the
backup of the old tjener's homedirs and load in a dump of the old gosa
ldap-system, or are there some gotcha's between wheezy and jessie's ldap?

I guess so; iirc the LDAP changes could be neglected.
See the Jessie manual upgrade chapter as well.

ok

Cheers

Simon