Is it possible to control which applications can be run in lowfat client?

Hi,

One more question about skolelinux.  A teacher told me that now he mostly teaches open source software in his computer classes.  However he's still using a Windows OS since it provides the "policy list" to control student accounts which applications can be run and which cannot.  (I've seen a computer in his computer classroom.  After booting into the Windows a note popped out saying that users can only use google chrome or firefox but not IE since IE is in the blacklist of the policy).  However under Linux he didn't find a similar solution, even with Sambe.

We discussed some workaround like to write a script and daemon changing the execution permission of specified applications.  Now my question is that, in the skolelinux, can a similar policy list be set through GOsa or any other way?

Thanks,
Franklin