Re: Squid proxy thoughts

Thx for reply.

For us, due to function, i need to use Firefox or Chromium as browser(due to poor programming on several servers, not accepting iceweasel). Iceweasel has to be uninstalled to get firefox to work properly, sadly. So that is not an option for me.

Preferably i would like my proxy to work at transparant mode. That way you can force all clients trafic through the proxy, without users knowing it. That would fix the trouble the different browsers has on how to configure automatic proxy setup with wpad files. For that to work, the proxy needs to be on the gateway.

For my schools, this is a break or make issue. As of now, its way to mutch hassle to do exams. And they tend to resort to use standalone machines, with the extra hassle of administration that makes.

Helge Tore Høyland

Den 06.05.2015 12:00, Giorgio Pioda skreiv:
Hi,

I usually switch off squid during examinations and netgroup block.

Iceweasel still operates through direct internet connection.
Chromium is fully blocked.

I admit that this is a "cheap" solution; a better one would be
to discriminate the squid incoming request throug the netblock
group, but I never tried to implement it

Regards

Giorgio