Re: Upgrade combined server (wheezy -> jessie)

Hi Holger,

thanks for your comments, helping a lot to get things sorted.

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 02:13:16PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Replace squid with squid3, keep the cache; a new swap file will be
> > generated and the cache index be rebuilt upon first squid3 start.
> > service squid stop
> > umount /var/spool/squid
> > sed -i 's#/var/spool/squid#/var/spool/squid3#' /etc/fstab
> > mount /var/spool/squid3
> > service squid3 start
> > apt-get -y purge squid squid-common
>
> this should also go in the manual and a normal bug against
> debian-edu,debian- edu-config (yes, against the two packages at once)
> should be filed about this issue.
>
> also: is this really mandatory for jessie or just nice to have?

squid is available in wheezy and sid, but missing in jessie. So it would
work but won't get any fixes, I guess.

> > Get back the right Kerberos file.
> > ---------------------------------
> > cp /etc/krb5.conf.backup /etc/krb5.conf
>
> uhm, why?

the cfengine run overwrites the file, bug filed.

> > Make GOsa² work with new php version.
> > -------------------------------------
> > rm /etc/gosa/gosa.secrets
>
> this also smells like an ugly workaround for a real problem. I strongly
> suspect a bug against gosa (and/or debian-edu*) is in order.
>
> > cp /etc/gosa/gosa.conf.orig /etc/gosa/gosa.conf
> > gosa-encrypt-passwords
>
> or does this restore gosa.secrets?

yes.

> > Cleaning up.
> > for i in $(dpkg -l|grep ^rc|cut -d' ' -f3);do dpkg -P $i;done
>
> Not sure this should be there and if, it should be prepended by a warning that
> this will remove configuration files of removed packages and should only be
> used with care, eg by first looking at what it would remove...

This issue is caused by cf/cf.apt using apt-get autoremove
instead of apt-get --purge autoremove, bug filed.

Wolfgang