Re: Upgrade combined server (wheezy -> jessie)

Hi Wolfgang,

On Dienstag, 3. März 2015, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> thanks for your comments, helping a lot to get things sorted.

:) Likewise do your bug reports! :-)

> > also: is this really mandatory for jessie or just nice to have?
> squid is available in wheezy and sid, but missing in jessie. So it would
> work but won't get any fixes, I guess.

yeah.

Also see https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/ch-
upgrading.en.html#obsolete

> > > Get back the right Kerberos file.
> the cfengine run overwrites the file, bug filed.

maybe this bug should have been serious after all....

> > > Make GOsa² work with new php version.
> > or does this restore gosa.secrets?
> yes.

ok, cool!

> > > Cleaning up.
> > > ------------
> > > for i in $(dpkg -l|grep ^rc|cut -d' ' -f3);do dpkg -P $i;done
> >
> > Not sure this should be there and if, it should be prepended by a warning
> > that this will remove configuration files of removed packages and should
> > only be used with care, eg by first looking at what it would remove...
>
> This issue is caused by cf/cf.apt using apt-get autoremove
> instead of apt-get --purge autoremove, bug filed.

Is this invoked automatically on upgrades or does one have to invoke it
manually?

cheers,
	Holger