Re: Force all clients to work as thin

Thanks to all. As above suggested, I tried (on Virtualbox) :

1)  <URL: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/NetworkClients#Configuring_the_PXE_menu >
2)  <URL: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/NetworkClients#LTSP_client_type_selection >

but neither one seems to work. Anyway, with the latter hint the boot is very fast on client VM.

On the next week I'll try both "on the field".

Thanks again

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 01:25:51PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Francesco Parisi]
> > Is there a way to force all the clients to starts as thin regardless
> > their RAM?
>
> If I am not remembering wrong, it is most easily controlled by
> modifying the pxe setup to specify the thin client runlevel.  See the
> details on Changing the PXE menu in the manual, use runlevel 4 instad
> of 3 (if I remember correctly).

This has been changed for wheezy. Take the instructions found here:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/NetworkClients#LTSP_client_type_selection

Wolfgang