Re: Today's experiences installing skolelinux at a school

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 10:00:21AM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> On  Mo 31 Mär 2014 11:46:10 CEST, Franklin Weng wrote:
> >BTW, I just realized that the client home directory was mounted as
> >sshfs instead of NFSv4.  So it seemed useless to put an async flag in
> >/etc/exports for /srv/nfs4/home0.
> >
> >I couldn't find any mount settings in /etc.  Could you please tell me
> >where those settings are?  And any way to improve the performance of
> >sshfs?  Or, any way to let me use NFS back instead of sshfs?
>
> Are you sure???(!!!!)????
>
> This should not happen. Of course, sshfs is far too slow for that...
>
> /me is confused...

Since the LTSP Debian Wheezy version, sshfs is the default as far as
diskless workstations are concerned. So these boxes don't need any
configuration and work out-of-the box.

As an alternative, go back to the former way (NFS, autofs, netgroup
membership of workstation).

One can find a description in the manual:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/NetworkClients#Introduction_to_thin_clients_and_diskless_workstations

Wolfgang