git migration status

Hi,

so we have released our Debian Wheezy based release, yay! So, lets continue
and eventually finish our GIT migration now.

The current status is documented at

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/Git/SVN2GitMigrationStatus

and we have a GIT usage howto at https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/Git
which is both great.

So I would like to migrate a source package to GIT now, and while I know how
to do this technically with GIT I'm not sure which settings and import
strategy I should use. Also a working authors/email addreses file would be
useful.

These questions need to be documented or the migration needs to be done
centrally by the person who knows. AFAIK that is one person currently :( Or am
I wrong on this? (Entirely possible :)

cheers,
	Holger