Re: Disk out of space in /var while installing Terminal Server profile

Hi Mike,

On Samstag, 28. September 2013, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> AFAICT, there is no such thing as an amd64 only thint client server.
> The LTSP chroot always is i386. To avoid the issue one would have to
> install the Terminal server as i386, as well. However, installing
> 32bit terminal servers is nothing people should be recommended to do
> nowadays (memory allocation over 4gb). I know one could argue: install
> the server 32bit and get the amd64 kernel, but that is rather a hack
> IMHO.

Actually no: amd64 userland is bigger than i386, so it really makes sense to
run i386 userland with an amd64 kernel.

> In a nutshell, amd64 terminal server with an i386 will be one of the
> most common setups. And if the manual suggests installing those
> machines over PXE, people will (sooner or later) bump into this issue.

I agree we should fix this, but I dont think we should postpone the release
any further.

cheers,
	Holger