Re: Problem with NTP setup in LTSP?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 08:42:05PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Wolfgang Schweer]
> > IIRC, it was the default config (connect to internet ntp servers), which
> > didn't work out as tjener wasn't connected to the internet when testing
> > the setup.
>
> Aha.  Perhaps it is the long standing bug in NTP, where it mess up when
> DNS do not resolve the servers listed in ntp.conf?

Maybe. At the end of ntp.conf 'server' is set to 'ntp', which is okay,
but those internet ntp servers listed earlier should IMO be disabled.
(That's what ltsp init does if $TIMESERVER is set in the environment,
iirc)

> > krb5.conf was even stranger: all Debian Edu relevant vars were set to
> > 'reached'. I have no idea about the reason. The file was created by
> > sssd-create-config.

As a last resort krb5.conf could be checked for the correct realm value,
otherwise created at ltsp client boot time. (which works, but adds some
seconds to the boot time.)

Wolfgang