Re: Netinstall - language selection - remove unnecessary languages

[Siegfried]
> Hi @ all.

Hi. :)  I am very glad to see your test reports. :)

> I am currently making a clean install of debian-edu-7.1+edu0~b1-CD.iso
>
> During install setup I ask for e.g. German lang pack and settings.
>
> Why does it then download e.g. Portuguese, Swedish and other not
> demanded lang-packs?

Some of these languages are installed to make sure they are available
for pupils interested in learning the "major" languages in the world.
But why swedish is installed, I have no idea.

You can have a look at the package you wonder about using 'aptitude why
packagename' to try to figure out why that package was pulled in, and
see if there is something to adjust to avoid it.

> It makes sense to download English by default, next to the choosen
> language and nothing more.

Actually, our design is to install I believe English, German, French,
Spanish and a few others I can't remember.  So expect a few more than
English and German in the German installation. :)

--
Happy hacking