Re: Ready for beta1, please push packages from wheezy-test to wheezy

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> ISOs are in place, check sums updated on the wiki page, and the only
> thing left is to polish the release notes, test the ISO one last
> time and send out the announcement.  I hope to get time to send the
> announcement this evening, if not sooner.  Please have a look at the
> release notes to make sure they are looking good. :)

Hm, the current package do not seem to work with Windows machines
joining the domain yet.  From IRC:

  <arneso> pere: I have just tested
    cd-wheezy-test-usbstick/debian-edu-amd64-i386-BD-1.iso from 16:30
    yesterday and can't join domain with it.
  <arneso> pere: I found a difference in smbldap.conf.
  <arneso> pere: My working beta0+patches has uncommented master and
    slave ports(line #75 and #85), but wheezy-test has not.
  <pere> gah.
  <pere> the ports should not be needed, as the defaults are good.
  <pere> anything in the log?
  <arneso> pere: log has "failed to get machine password for account
    STATIC26$"
  <arneso> pere: from srv_netlog_nt.c:954
  <pere> if windows domain joining isn't working, we will hold off
    beta1, and our resident windows expert sunweaver is on the bus
    home from debconf. :(
  <arneso> pere: I will test some more. Are not quite sure I did
    exactly the same procedure as last time. Could be some type or
    minor glitch from my side.
  <arneso> pere: I noted one more diff: the adminPassword(hashed) in
    gosa.conf is different, even though I have used the same root
    password and first account password in both installations.
  <pere> that is normal.  it is salted, I hope. :)
  <pere> arneso: very glad you tested it, and discover the problem in
    the first place, as well as checked that it wasn't ready.
  <arneso> pere: I find no other changes in relevant files. Maybe
    there is some procedure-error I have done. Will test once more
    following the documentation exactly.

--
Happy hacking