Re: hardware advice

Hi,

I've ended up this july (with an alpha release) to
install on a hardware raid 10 (On HP G6 HW).
I'm pretty happy about speeds.

I would recommend to buy an entry level raid card
and use raid 10. After long reflection I discarded
raid 5, mainly afer reading several web sites
discussing about the risk of having a raid 5
which doesn't reconstruct any more the lost data
dued to the fact that disks are too large.

Performances on raid 5 / NFS are also a question to clear.

Cheers

Giorgio

--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero