Re: Is rosegarden / qsynt / qjackctl working with Debian Edu Wheezy?

Hi Petter,

On Di 06 Aug 2013 21:08:06 CEST Mike Gabriel wrote:

Hi Petter,

On Di 06 Aug 2013 18:54:39 CEST Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

I notice we do not install the pulseaudio-module-jack package.
Perhaps it is needed?

Without having tested your setup... If jack talks to ALSA directly (recommend for RT systems) then pa-module-jack is not needed. However, in most cases nowadays default setups have pulse on top of alsa and jack on top of pulse.

I took a deeper look and installed all those components onto my notebook (Debian wheezy).

pulseaudio-module-jack is for piping pulseaudio data (client) into the jack server.

On the first spot I could not find a jack driver that pipes jack audio data into pulseaudio. So, that part probably was non-sense. Using jack as client and PA as server is nonsense anyone, as Jack is much more realtime competent.

Greets,
mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM