Re: What hint should we give regarding missing kerberos ticket (Was: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/Users" by WolfgangSchweer)

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:01:30AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> > The "DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/Users" page has been changed by WolfgangSchweer:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Wheezy/HowTo/Users?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2
> >
> > Comment:
> > add hint for Kerberos TGT if working on a diskless ws
> >

> >   Now send a test email to yourself. (This will create the IMAP folders on the server.) Wait a little bit, then click "Check Mail" in the KMail menu. There should be your recently sent email in the inbox below of "intern".
> >
> > + If working on a diskless client, you don't have a Kerberos TGT by default. To get one, open up a terminal and execute {{{kinit}}}. Enter your password and the ticket will be granted.
> > +
>
> There should be a graphical kerberos client in the docking panel.
> Perhaps a better hint to give?

IIRC, this client is only useful if you already have a Kerberos TGT.

> Btw, why isn't the ssh login causing a kerberos ticket to be granted
> during login?  ssh uses PAM, and PAM should set up kerberos.

Yes, but you get the TGT on the LTSP server, not on the workstation. So
one has to find a way to forward that ticket to the diskless
workstation.

Wolfgang