Re: dictionaries-common problem

Hi,

On Sonntag, 16. Juni 2013, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Do you have the install log with DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer set from such
> problematic install?

all debian-edu g-i tests on jenkins.d.n are done with that setting, but due to this issue the installs don't complete.

maybe we should build the wheezy-test cd image with that setting so that all manual tests are made with it too?

> > Jun 14 13:51:56 <schweer> h01ger: that dictionary stuff might be
> > related to all those *spell packages installed -- despite of the
> > actual language chosen in the installer. I'm wondering if we
> > couldn't rely on d-i to pull in the right packages.
>
> > I think this idea has some merrits, but I wonder what to change:
> Looking at "apt-cache rdepends dictionaries-common", I suspect it wont
> help.
>
> But perhaps a solution is to always install some wordlist package and
> preseed to select it?

the jenkins tests use this preseeding:

dictionaries-common dictionaries-common/default-wordlist Manual symlink setting

> "apt-cache search wordlist" show the packages
> provoding a wordlist.
>
> When that is said, I believe we can drop all ispell dictionaries now,
> and only provide myspell dictionaries, because I believe the packages
> we care (Iceweasel, Libreoffice, KDE, etc)q about is able to handle
> myspell.  The only package I know depending on ispell is emacs. :)

ok, as it's hanging at configuring ispell-dictionaries I'm gonna remove all ispell entries from our tasks.

http://jenkins.debian.net/view/edu/job/g-i-installation_debian-edu_wheezy-test_standalone_gnome/3/artifact/results//snapshot_009000.png

cheers,
	Holger