Re: Release timing?

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 03:32:52PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > Hi,
> >
> > what about edu-wheezy release timings? I guess that most IT-admins
> > wait summer school vacation to upgrade systems...
>
> I would love to release before the summer, but it do not look like that
> at the moment.
>
> Personally, I believe we need someone with PHP skills to fix the gosa
> and slbackup-php problems before we can release.  The other problems are
> just polish, but these are release critical.
>
> See <URL: https://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2013/05/msg00172.html >
> for that story.  No-one stepped forward to fix them yet, and thus we can
> not release.

Just for sake of curiosity I checked your trial on gosa-plugin-ldap...

The user IS added in LDAP, but the Kerberos principal is missing. I think
that the kerberos account generation is just missing.

(I tested using an additional password field)

After kadmin user creation and Gosa reassignment into teachers group
the LDAP added user was available, with created userdir.

Greets

Giorgio
--
Giorgio Pioda - Sysadmin SPSE-Tenero