Re: jenkins: preseeding squeeze and wheezy combi-server

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 09:54:44AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Montag, 22. April 2013, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
> > ltsp-build-client generates the sources.list two times (base system
> > setup, complete system).
> >
> > The ltsp chroot will get a generated entry like below for the second
> > step during setup:
> >
> > deb http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux wheezy/main
> >
> > and ltsp-build-client will error out, cause this doesn't exist.
>
> this does exit..

IMO only wheezy/local exists.

> > IMO this option string might work:
> >
> > --arch i386 --dist wheezy --mirror http://ftp.skolelinux.org/debian
> > --copy-sourceslist --accept-unsigned-packages
>
> I dont like the --accept-unsigned-packages here...

Yes, you're right. This option seems to be needed only if using iso
files.

> > Some explanation, as far as I was able to find out:
> >
> > ltsp-build-client will generate the sources.list for the first step
> > (base system) using --dist and --mirror and will set arch to i386 (edu
> > default, server will most probably have amd64).
>
> in the jenkins.d.n case everything is amd64

I assumed that jenkins' arch is amd64. But by default arch i386 is used
for the LTSP chroot in Debian Edu. IIRC, this is set using some magic,
but I'm unsure if that would apply in the jenkins case. So to have
jenkins behave like a usual installation, the additional option --arch i386
may be needed.

Wolfgang