Re: new skolelinux mirror: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de

On 15.03.2012 10:10, Carsten Otto wrote:
Dear Ronny/SkoleLinux team,

I did not get any response so far. Plese find the time to answer to our
questions.

Best regards,
Carsten Otto

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 08:31:38PM +0100, Carsten Otto wrote:
Dear Ronny,

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 01:52:50PM +0200, Ronny Aasen wrote:
I have added links to the mirror's on the template we use for release
notes.
I am an administrator of ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de, which also mirrors
SkoleLinux.

As far as I can see, for users that want to download SkoleLinux it is
very hard (if not impossible?) to find mirror servers. Considering that
even your official page has a 404 download link, I'd love to see
improvements here.

What is your opinion on that?

Bye,

My opinion is that the page
http://www.slx.no/en/downloads
should just link to
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Download
where everyone can edit, it would make it easier to keep links correct. And perhaps also list the mirrors on the same line as the main link, instead of in the bottom, to get more load diverted to the mirrors.

but that is just my opinion :)
I suggest you make http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Download as good as possible. with the mirrors as visible as possible. and hopefully that will become the authorative download page. Or atleast the source where other pages takes their links from, and then maybe also the mirror links

thanks for your support of debian-edu
kind regards
Ronny Aasen