Re: Skolinux review

Moving this thread to debian-edu@, where all the developers can share
your kind words. :)

[B G]
> I am very interested in your version of Linux and work with
> thousands of computers for a school district in the US.
> The website discusses Open Office rather than Libre Office. I know
> that much is happening right now but with a new version, the
> public's excitement is crucial and timing is important. I would love
> to emphasize the use of Skolinux here and demo in a large
> format. Thank you for providing a great platform!

Thank you for your feedback.  It is most motivating to hear praise. :)

Regarding OpenOffice.org, it is the version available in Debian
Squeeze, and thus also the version used in Debian Edu Squeeze.  In the
next version (aka Debian Edu Wheezy), we will most likely provide
LibreOffice, as it is the version available in Debian Wheezy at the
moment.
--
Happy hacking