Re: userfiles on laptops

[Sebastian Holl]
> Hello,

Hi. :)

> the manual recommends the "roaming workstation" profile for the use
> with laptops. It says "The users' files and profiles are stored on
> the local disk." how are those files synchronized with those on the
> mainserver? We have some notebooks for use in a classroom and the
> students and teachers using a notebook should have acces to their
> files stored in the computerlab and vice-versa.

When the computer is in the school lab, the user can select
K->Computer->Home directory via SMB (or something like that), and get
access to the main server home directory.  Files can then be copied
manually back and forth.

There is no system to automatically sync between the two directories.
One can be created using unison, if you are interested.
--
Happy hacking