Squeeze beta 3 successfully installed

This is my first post to this list, by way of introduction I teach ICT
at the Rudolf Steiner School in Kings Langley, UK. We have a Linux
network running CentOS back end servers and two Edubuntu thin client
servers, with about 30 workstations including Windows and Macs, with
students bringing laptops and iPads to school as well. I want to check
out Debian-edu because you have successfully configured two items we
sorely need: the LDAP GUI and Windows integration.

Thanks to help from Jim Oksvold and the #debian-edu list last week I
have installed a test machine using Squeeze beta 3 CD, with the
default main server + workstation +thin client server configuration.
Today I have two problems:

a) My "first user" login seems to have expired - how can I retrieve it?

b) I need to change the default network from 10.0.0.0/8 because it
conflicts with addresses of existing servers (great minds think
alike!). I've located the subnet-change tool, but the comments say "At
the moment it only updates part of LDAP". Is this still true? Does it
now do the complete job?

With thanks inn advance for your help,

John Ingleby
ICT Teacher
Rudolf Steiner School
Kings Langley
UK

--
“The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.” ~~ Plutarch