Re: Squeeze beta 3 successfully installed

[John Ingleby]
> a) My "first user" login seems to have expired - how can I retrieve it?

Oh.  How did that happen?  That is not how it should be.  Must be a
bug in beta3.  How long did it take before it expired?

To set a new password, try logging in via http://www/gosa/ and update
the password.  Logging in via the tty might also help, but it will
only update the kerberos password and not the LDAP password used by
GOsa nor the samba password.

> b) I need to change the default network from 10.0.0.0/8 because it
> conflicts with addresses of existing servers (great minds think
> alike!). I've located the subnet-change tool, but the comments say
> "At the moment it only updates part of LDAP". Is this still true?
> Does it now do the complete job?

That comment is no longer true.  It updates all of LDAP since a week
ago or so.  Only /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/munin/munin-node.conf is
left to update in beta3.  I hope to fix both before the next release,
but they are trivial to fix manually and are listed in the output from
subnet-change.
--
Happy hacking