Re: Wiki unleashed (was: Content and translation status for the debian-edu-squeeze manual)

Hi David, hi debian-edu-doc + i18n people,

On Di 15 Mai 2012 07:01:51 CEST David Prévot wrote:

Le 09/05/2012 17:47, David Prévot a écrit :

TL;DR: let's consider a string freeze from Friday 11 to Wednesday 16
May, in order to allow proper translation update and review.

Thanks to translators who replied very quickly (and thanks to Joe who
spotted a few more typos, and Cédric who fixed them), we just released
the debian-edu-doc package with fully up-to-date translations a few days
in advance. So you can consider the quick string freeze done, and you're
welcome again to improve the documentation (hint: there are 5 FIXMEs
left to fix).

Dear maintainer.s.o admins, you're welcome to update the packages
displayed at <http://maintainer.skolelinux.org/debian-edu-doc>.

Today I have had a look at the FIXMEs reported by Holger's Sundaily CRON mail. I stumbled over quite some place (while browsing the wiki) where I got the impression that the word LWAT got replaced by the word GOsa². However, some functionalities that were available with LWAT do not exist (yet) in GOsa (e.g. LTSP server/client management) and some workflows have changed (e.g. how to join a domain).

Unfortunately, I have not yet had the time to fully go through the D-E squeeze documentation, but it feels that some pages need developers who do proof-reading.

I am not at all criticizing the status of the document, I am glad that you guys spent so much time on releasing the debian-edu-doc packages. However, we (developers) should also keep in mind to read through older pages every once in a while and check if stuff is still valid.

Greets + thanks for the good work!!!
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: