Re: EduFication package

Hi

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 10:14:46PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Giorgio Pioda]
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on a binary .deb that can resolv for dependecies, and
> > using dpkg --divert install configs so that a plain Debian or Ubuntu
> > istallation is transformed into a workstation client.
>
> Cool.  Sound like a package we should keep in the debian-edu project on
> Alioth?  Perhaps you should join the project and put the source there?

I'm really not a programmer (have a PhD in Chemistry, not in IT) and I have
terrible tendency to write spaghetti code...

Anyway, I first have to decide if I'll switch my school to DebianEdu
removing my old hand written system (Kerberos,NIS,NFS4). (99% yes, but I
want to test a little more). Then I could join.

In all cases, if the package works, I'll publish it GPL'ized. (I've to admit
that is not that a big work)

Cheers

Giorgio