Re: Change IP - LDAP and DNS

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> For LTSP servers and the Main server, there are some hardcoded
> values in files and in LDAP.  I suspect it is a day or twos work to
> get subnet-change working to allow the main-server to be
> automatically converted to another IP setup, and probably less to do
> the same for LTSP servers.

I've updated subnet-change to a point where it update most of LDAP,
and I believe only the reverse DNS entries are left.  It also update
every file in /etc/ I know need to be updated except /etc/hosts.allow.

In short, it now work well enough to test it, and the remaining work
should not take very long.  This is how far I got now with sick kids
in the house.  I hope for help with the rest. :)

On clients, the munin-node and samba configuration have hardcoded IP
addresses.  We should get rid of those to be able to switch
compiletely to a new IP range by only changing the Main Server setup.

> If you want to work on this, I am eager to assist via IRC,
> #debian-edu on irc.debian.org. :)

I am still interested in assisting. :)
--
Happy hacking