Re: Samba integration with GOsa and Skolelinux

Hi Petter,

On Fr 26 Aug 2011 21:17:58 CEST Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

[Mike Gabriel]
I plan to integrate most of the achievements in Debian Edu SVN, but
there was a discussion about releasing beta1 before doing that.
Actually, Holger's opinion was to wait until wheezy with Samba NT4
domain. However, the patches are all on my notebook, so it would be
possible to have a fully functional domain controller (including GOsa
machine management) for squeeze.

I suspect this feature is required to be able to integrateion modern
Windows machines into the Skolelinux network like we could with
earlier versions of Windows in Lenny.  If that is the case, loosing
that feature would be an unfortunate regression.  If it isn't a
regression, I suspect Holgers opinion is a good one.

With the current version of Debian Edu squeeze it is not possible to connect from Windows XP (svp3) machines at all. What we are far way from in SVN is NT4 domain controller support for TJENER.

However, I have implemented this during the last week at a school location here and with a bit of an effort (that I am willing to make) it should be possible to integrate that in Debian Edu squeeze.

Greetings and thanks for your feedback (I really appreciate that!!!),
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B

freeBusy: