Providers proxy? (was: Where do I see the DNS settings used i Lenny)

On Thursday 17 February 2011 13:27:12 Klaus Ade Johnstad wrote:
> Torsdag 17. februar 2011 12.17.42 skrev Ole-Anders Andreassen:
> > IPCop, and it is my FW :)
> >
> > All the machines are on the same network. 10.0.2.xx and 10.0.3xx
> >
> > OleA
>
> This is a PITA trying to resolve without direct access to such a
> network.

How very true, but I'll take a long shot:

Is it possible you are enforced to use a providers proxy?
If that information is distributed through wpad it could produce some puzzling
patterns.

Also, while trying to resolve, I would have got the firewall out of the way,
just because it's easiest.

Have luck, Odd.