Re: new kdm/desktop wallpaper?

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:36:59PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Andreas B. Mundt]
> > I wanted to keep the tux-behind-his-desk picture used in lenny-edu,
> > but could not find any "sources". So if you know where to obtain
> > those, please let me know.
>
> Why do you need "sources"?  The image is in art/kde/, and kdm should
> be able to use it as before.

I was looking for just the tux-behind-his-desk picture, preferably
with transparent background, to patch it on the new wallpaper. I guess
the wallpaper in art/kde is a composed picture, but perhaps that's not
the case?
[...]
> Did you test if this new theme work with Lenny?  I suspect it is
> possible to get a theme working for both Lenny and Squeeze kdm.  I
> believe we should not create art/kdm-theme-squeeze/, but instead
> replace art/kdm-theme/, as the new artwork package will be aimed for
> Squeeze anyway.
In the meantime I tried with lenny, and indeed, it does not work
there. But I think we should not spend too much work in backward
compatibility at this point, as there are enough other tasks to
improve. (Correct me if I am wrong).

I see the problem we had several time already, that we want to prepare
packages for lenny (i.e. +edu1 right now) as well as for
squeeze. There is probably no simple way around this, we would need
different packages. So for the time being I keep the stuff here
locally and after +edu1 we can see how to proceed.

Cheers,

	Andi