Re: workstation boots but can't find kstartupconfig and OpenDNS setup?

Hi David,

I'll hazard a few suggestions in the absence of a more qualified reply.

On 27 December 2010 05:39, David Goldstrom <goldstrom@yahoo.com> wrote:

> server. I've added a single HP T5735 client machine at 10.0.2.50 on "intern" and
> can get it to boot PXE. I can login and get a KDE desktop as a thinclient. When
> I try to boot as a workstation,  I get the name password graphical screen but
> when I log in to any of the user profiles I get "Could not start kstartupconfig.

For a thin client you should be on the second nic of tjener and
getting a 192.  address via dhcp.
For  a workstation you should be connected to the main network (same
as eth0 of tjener) and enter the mac address of your machine in lwat.
To get the ip address you have specified, the machine name should be
"static00". It is possible to boot a workstation on the 192. subnet,
without entering it at all in lwat, but then you won't get access to
printers.
If all of the above is correct, then check the time on your
workstation. If it is out of sync with tjener it can give that
kstartupconfig error.
If instead of workstation (ie. you have installed to the hard drive)
you mean diskless workstation (ie. doesn't have a hard drive (or use
it)), then I'm not using any at the moment and I can't remember the
details!

As for your second question - sorry, no idea!

cheers

nigel